Does your website make your site visitors salivate like that leftover piece of chocolate cake? Consider this delectable on-site engagement recipe to boost those on-site conversions. With the right conversion appliances, this pop-up is easy-to-make, requires minimum cooking time and will leave your website visitors feeling fulfilled and satisfied. Here is one we made earlier.
1) Eye-catching design: Whip up a beautiful looking pop-up or screen overlay (what we call a Nugget) to serve as the base of your recipe. You can use it to capture emails from your leads, while offering them a discount on your services or perhaps a newsletter. Either use a template made earlier or make your own custom one from scratch.
2) Timing control: Mix in some manual controls to determine when your on-site engagement appears – at a time when your visitor is most likely to convert.
3) Device targeting: With just a dash of this feature, call-to-actions can be targeted according to the device your site visitors are using, whether mobile, tablet or desktop.
4) A/B Testing: Create a second design so that you can A/B test which one is more appetizing. A good conversion optimization platform should be able to automatically promote the more successful dish.
5) Multi-step campaign: Offer your visitors different types of pop-ups, depending on whether they are a first-time visitor or have been on your site previously. On their first visit you may want to offer them an appetizer such as a newsletter, whereas at a later point you might consider closing with a feel-good dessert, such as a discount on your services. Consider a conversion tool that enables you to take visitors on a multi-step journey, so that you can ultimately make that sale.
6) Integration: Whatever system you are using, it should suit the other dishes on your marketing plate. Consider ones that enables you to push the data you collect, such as emails, to the CRM you are using, including MailChimp, Infusionsoft, and others.
7) Sophisticated targeting: A good conversion platform will enable you to optimize the flavor of your screen overlays for different audiences, depending on the language they speak, their geographic location and other features. Want to engage a Spanish-speaking site visitor from Wales? Why not? With sophisticated targeting, this is super easy.
8) Intelligence: A tool with sophisticated algorithms will have you begging for another piece. Smart conversion systems learn from your website traffic, get to know your site visitors and automatically determine when your pop-ups should appear. This may be upon exit, or after the visitor has been on your website for a few seconds. This ingredient is a delicacy in the CRO world, and is not widely available. An inbuilt conversion reporting system will provide you with insight into your audiences so that you can be right on target to increase your conversion rates significantly.
9) Source targeting: You may want to target inbound visitors to your site with different Nuggets depending on how they got there, whether from Twitter, Facebook, Paid Search campaigns or email marketing campaign. A sophisticated tool will enable your pop-up to show up only on pages that include a customer URL parameter, like a UTM medium, for example.
10) Advanced Control over CSS/HTML/JS: This intricate feature is for the more seasoned chefs out there. A system with an advanced editor will able you to manage HTML, CSS, and JS, but still take advantage and save time on timing and targeting features offered by a sophisticated platform.
If you want to test this recipe on your site guests, it is available from 40Nuggets. Try it today!